Monday, April 11, 2022
8:00 AM-12:00 PM
This 4-hour ultrasound course focuses primarily on the use of point of care ultrasound in the critically ill and/or injured patient. Using a step-by-step approach, learners will be taught a shock protocol that will allow them to quickly diagnose a wide variety of pathologic conditions. The lecture portion focuses on essential physics and knobology and the use of ultrasound to evaluate the critical patient and is followed by a hands-on practical session.
At the completion of the CCTMC Ultrasound Workshop participants should know or be able to:
• Demonstrate proper machine settings/image acquisition.
• Describe sonographic findings of the hemopericardium, hemoperitoneum, hemothoraces, pneumothoraces, right heart strain, pericardial tamponade, and acute valvular insufficiency.
• Describe sonographic findings of catastrophic intra-abdominal conditions.
• Demonstrate eFAST and/or RUSH examination.
• Describe sonographic findings of abdominal aortic aneurysms, as well as proximal lower extremity DVT.
• Demonstrate catastrophic abdominal scanning protocol, and 2-point lower extremity compression examination.
0800-0855: Practical Scanning Review (Physics/Knobology)
0900-1000: eFAST & RUSH Examination Lecture
1015-1200: Hands-on Scanning
Cost: $250.00 Member
Limited to 40 participants-
*** If you have already filled out the registration above and need to re-access the payment page please use this link. Payment Page