The CCTMC Chuck Sheppard Excellence in Education Award
This award is presented annually to an educator who has demonstrated a passion for education and continued clinical growth, to recognize and honor those dedicated to the enhancement of clinical education in transport medicine.
This award is presented in honor of Dr. Charles (Chuck) W. Sheppard, MD, FACEP, who has served as a dedicated leader in providing high-quality education to the CCTMC family and to clinical providers across the country, dating back to the early 1970s. He has impacted thousands of clinicians through presentations, publications, and his activity on multiple committees as well as functioning as a medical director for various transport organizations. The intention of this award is to honor Dr. Sheppard by ensuring that his legacy and recognition of the impact he has had on so many providers will continue to be a part of the CCTMC mission well into the future.
- Eligibility: This award is open to any clinical educator who has dedicated their
career to the growth of others in the transport medicine environment
- Award: This award includes a $1,000 honorarium (adjustable) and a plaque commemorating the honor.
- A written nomination must be submitted by the deadline established by March 15th. Self-nomination is prohibited.
- The written nomination should include a summary demonstrating the nominee’s dedication to education, and two additional letters of recommendation in addition to the nominating party.
- Nominations should be emailed to email@example.com
- Nominations are not limited to those who maintain a full-time position in education but is awarded solely on the information provided regarding the nominee’s impact on clinicians in transport medicine, or transport medicine as an industry, through the delivery of clinical education.
2023 Sponsored by Mercy Life Line Air Medical Service
To donate to this scholarship fund, please contact Nikole Good at firstname.lastname@example.org.